China

2011.08.22

Department of Energy Awards Nearly $7 Million to Advance Fue

August 9, 2011 California, Ohio, and Virginia Projects to Find Ways to Reduce Component and Manufacturing Costs Washington, D.C. – The U.S. Department of Energy today announced nearly $7 million over five years for independent cost analyses that will support research and development efforts for fuel cells and hydrogen storage systems. The four projects – in California, Ohio, and Virginia – will g...

2011.08.12

Tesco opens its first CO2 refrigeration store in China

R744.com - 2011-08-17 Early August 2011, retailer Tesco opened its 97th store in China, yet the first one to feature a CO2 refrigeration system. The 8,635 square meter supermarket includes a fresh ar...

2011.08.11

China to reduce carbon intensity by 17% by 2015

2011-07-29 China will soon release detailed plans on ensuring that its goal for reducing carbon intensity from 2011 to 2015 is attainable, and it has started looking at technical options for cutting carbon dioxide emissions after 2020. Xie Zhenhua, vice-minister of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), said on Wednesday at a conference that a comprehensive plan to allow China to ...

2011.08.09

Exclusive interview with Professor J. Chen about CO2 heat pu

2011-08-04Dr. Jiangping Chen, Professor of the Institute of Refrigeration and Cryogenics at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, talked to R744.com about the imminent launch of CO2 heat pump water heaters i...

2011.08.09

64th meeting of the Executive Committee of the Multilateral

China, the largest producer and consumer of HCFCs, which not only harm the ozone layer but also the climate due to their high global-warming potential,  has been granted US $265 million to cut it...

2011.08.10

Dalian Wanda Group Awards Annual Purchasing Agreement to Car

As a leading provider of sustainable building solutions, Carrier China was recently awarded an annual purchasing agreement from the Dalian Wanda Group, a renowned real estate enterprise, for the suppl...

2011.08.08

Midea to take a stake in Carrier Latin America

8-Aug-2011 MIDEA is reported to have agreed to pay around $223m for a 51 per cent stake in Carrier’s air conditioning interests in Latin America, further extending the co-operation between the Chinese ac manufacturer and the US giant. Carrier will retain the remaining 49 per cent stake in its Latin American assets, which include Springer Carrier and Climazon Industrial in Brazil, the Argentinian ...

2011.08.07

Trane Chiller Plant Retrofit Services Improve Efficiency and

In-depth analysis and tailored solutions reduce chiller plant operating costs by up to 20 percent Shanghai, China, Aug.3, 2011 – Facility managers trying to keep operational costs under control are wise to pay special attention to their chilled water system plants. Chilled water systems can consume up to 50 percent or more of a facility’s yearly electricity use. They also tend to become less ener...

2011.08.04

Carrier Strengthens Sustainability Offering

Acquires a significant stake in Shandong Fuerda Air Conditioner Equipment Co., Ltd   SHANDONG, China, August 3rd, 2011 --- Carrier strengthens its commitment to energy efficiency and sustainabil...

2011.08.03

Carrier buys into Chinese heat pump market

US AIR conditioning manufacturer Carrier has acquired a controlling interest in one of China’s leading heat pump companies. The joint venture with water source and geothermal heat pump manufacturer Sh...

2011.08.02

Chinese Consumer Appliance Purchase Intentions Down from 1Q

Jul 27, 2011 Chinese Consumers’ confidence in the strength of the economy for the next 6 months was at 55.4% in the second quarter of 2011, down from 61.4% in the first quarter of 2011, according to ProsperChina. Confidence is also lower than in 2Q 2010, when it stood at 56.5%. Consumers in 2Q 2011 were more focused on "needs" over "wants" and were making more practical purchases than in the last ...

2011.07.25

Panasonic may sell Sanyo appliance unit to Haier

Panasonic Corp.  plans to sell subsidiary Sanyo Electric Co.’s household appliance businesses to Chinese electronics maker Haier, as part of the parent company’s efforts to reorganize overlapping...

 
 
 
Midez MBT