Latin America


Optimistic outlook for Latin American HVAC&R sector

2012-01-17 Although the global economic slowdown is expected to continue in 2012, with weaknesses in developed economies hampering recovery, strong growth in developing economies such a Latin America ...


Carrier and Midea Form Joint Venture in Brazil, Argentina an

Carrier has formed a joint venture with the Midea Group for the manufacture and distribution of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products in Brazil, Argentina and Chile. Midea will own 51% share of the joint venture and Carrier the remaining 49%. The joint venture comprises Carrier’s existing HVAC operations in the three countries and Midea’s distribution entity, Midea do Brasil. M...


Brazilian Appliance Production Increases Follow Tax Cuts

Dec 16, 2011 Within a week of the Brazilian government cutting industrialized products taxes (IPI) the appliance industry in Brazil, and particularly Whirlpool Corp., is responding by adding jobs, according to Brazilian news outlet Diario do Grande ABC. Whirlpool will hire 1100 workers to fill vacancies at factories in Rio Claro and Joinville, Brazil, and the news outlet reported Whirlpool’s José...


Unilever signs Action Plan to boost natural refrigerant use

Unilever signs Action Plan to replace refrigerants and blowing agents with natural gases 2011-12-07 The “Voluntary Conservation Initiative” signed by Metalfrio and Unilever will help to reduce the ...


U.N. Calls On All Leaders To Attend Rio

Date: 24-Nov-11 Country: BRAZIL Author: Stuart Grudgings All heads of state should attend a major environmental summit in Rio de Janeiro next year to agree concrete ways of putting the world economy on a more sustainable path and reducing inequality, the United Nations’ official leading the process said Wednesday. The U.N. summit next June is billed as the most important environmental gathering i...


2.11 Latin America

According to the IMF statistics, real GDP in South America grew 6.6% in 2010, aided by economic recovery in leading countries. Paraguay stands out with 15.0% growth, while Venezuela, where real GDP sh...


Carrier and Midea Form Joint Venture in Brazil, Argentina an

CANOAS, Nov. 16, 2011Carrier has formed a joint venture with Midea Group of China for the manufacture and distribution of heating, air -conditioning and ventilation (HVAC) products in Brazil, Argentin...


AHRI Part icipates in Febrava 2011

Bill Tritsis, vice president of certification, AHRIAir-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute(AHRI) had a booth at the Febrava trade show that featured the logos of all AHRI members and...


Midea Announces New Design AC

Midea’s new design air conditioner comes with the company’s ‘Siga-me’ (‘follow me’) remote control. The air conditioner detects the remote control’s location and adjusts the room temperature around it...

U.S. VRF Report