Panasonic Unveils New Product Lines

November 6, 2012 Panaserv Nigeria Limited, authorised service agents for Panasonic consumer electronics products in Nigeria, in conjunction with Panasonic Corporation, Japan unveiled its latest produc...


LG Expanding Its Ethiopian Presence

30 October 2012 LG Electronics is looking to expand its presence in the Ethiopian market by meeting the increasing need for air conditioning equipment said Dinir Abubaker, Country Director for the com...


Blue Ocean Partners LG Electronics

01 Oct 2012 LG Electronics office Blue Ocean Nigeria has partnered LG Electronics, to introduce the world’s first Multi V III Solo air conditioner in the southern part of the Nigerian market. The mov...

PR 2018.06.24

i-NX-Q: the new Climaveneta multi-purpose heat pump with inverter technology

Mitsubishi Electric Hydronics & IT Cooling Systems presents i-NX-Q. Climaveneta’s air source multi-purpose unit with scroll inverter compressors and cooling capacity from 43 to 151 kW. The logic of

Nigeria Reviews Ods Phase-Out Plan

10 September 2012 Investors in Nigeria’s foam and refrigeration industry have been informed of the Federal Government’s determination to comply with global resolve to phase out, beginning from next year, the main chemicals they presently use in their production process because they are harmful to the environment, writes Bennett Oghifo. Manufacturers of foam and refrigeration/air conditioning syst...


Kenyan customs intercept illegal R12 consignment

11 - July - 2012 AFRICA: Kenyan aurthorities have successfuly intercepted and impounded 55 cylinders of illegal R12 refrigerant at the port of Mombasa. The seizure followed a routine random testing and analysis by the Kenyan customs. The cargo originated from Dubai and was imported in April by a Kenyan company based in Mombasa. While the company had an annual license from Kenya’s National Environ...


IEA assists South Africa in developing solar energy roadmap

The South African government and various stakeholders are currently developing a national solar energy technology roadmap with support from the International Energy Agency (IEA) and the German develop...


Namibian summer heat puts NH3 coldstore to the test

11 June 2012 GEA Refrigeration Africa, a subsidiary of GEA Refrigeration Technologies designed and implemented a refrigeration system for a fruit and vegetable storage facility that was commissioned i...


2.11.4 South Africa

South African market size is estimated at about 370,000 units in 2011, a 6% increase from 2010.   More air conditioners are exported to South Africa than any other country in Africa. These exports are believed to include units re-exported to the six countries that border the Sahara Desert to the south.   Reinforced by its abundant natural resources, South Africa shows potential for furth...


2.11.3 Algeria

The market size of Algeria was estimated at about 200,000 units in 2011, a 5% up from 2010. Air conditioners imported from China reached 600,000 units in 2011, a decrease of 30% compared with the previous year. These imported air conditioners are reportedly often re-exported to neighboring countries.   Ductless split air conditioners account for 60%, while window units take 40% of the market....


2.11.2 Nigeria

The market size of Nigeria in 2011 is estimated at about 430,000 units in 2011, a slight increase from previous year.   Ductless split air conditioners account for 88% of the market and window types comprise the remaining 12%. The number of imported air conditioners from China has grown considerably compared with the previous year. The market has not yet reached its growth potential, however,...


2.11.1 Egypt

Egyptian air conditioner demand was 575,000 units in 2011, a drop of 5% from the previous year. Political instability was a major factor behind the drop in air conditioner imports from China, which fell by as much as 50%.   Owing to Egypt’s strategic location, a certain percentage of air conditioners appear to be re-exported to neighboring countries.   Split and window air conditioners a...

Toshiba ACRA JCI HEPA GMCC Climaveneta

Exhibition & Event

ACRA 2018 helds in Sapporo, Japan

Subscription to Weekly JARN Newsletter (free of charge)

We publish Weekly JARN Newsletter (English/German/Spanish/Chinese/Russian/Japanese) and send it by e-mail. If you would like to receive it, click here.