eJarn
Username/ID
Plear enter userid
Password      *Forgot Password?
Please enter password
Tecumseh Strengthens Business through Adoption of New Refrigerants
2017/07/20
JARN interviewed Douglas J. Murdock, president and CEO, Keith Gifford, director of Global Marketing, and Chong Hin Choy, managing director for Asia of Tecumseh during the China Refrigeration Expo (CRH) held in April 2017. They discussed Tecumseh’s vision surrounding new products, use of alternative refrigerants, and other important aspects of Tecumseh’s business.

JARN (J): First of all, could you introduce your company to our readers?
Tecumseh (T): Refrigeration is our core business, roughly 90% and the other 10% is air conditioning and specialty cooling. About 25% of our business is in Asia, China, Japan, and India.
 
 We are currently launching a packaged condensing unit that will be used in convenience stores. Items like this should allow us to expand the portion of our business that occurs in Asia. The lifestyle in India and Asia is changing very quickly, with many small shops that are popular among the younger people, like Starbucks, that could utilize our products. We have a very strong service and distribution network. The availability of our product to service technicians and installing contractors is one of the strengths of Tecumseh. Installers can readily get not only the compressors and condensing units, but also the accessories and any replacement parts that they may need as well as things like copper tubing and refrigerant from the wholesaler. A strong team of application engineers works to support individuals in the field by conducting trainings and seminars.
To view the complete content, please log in.
Username/ID
Plear enter userid
Password      *Forgot Password?
Plear enter password