Mitsubishi Electric's New Intelligent-GUI TFT-LCD Module Combines Greatly Enhanced Graphics with Cost-cutting GUI Design
TOKYO, April 10, 2017 - Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today the immediate launch of a new intelligent-GUI (graphical user interface) TFT-LCD module featuring a high-quality graphics board and touch panel. The graphics board, equipped for video camera image processing/display and interchangeable GUI, delivers broad graphical-expression capabilities while reducing needs for GUI-design development resources.
Mitsubishi Electric will exhibit its intelligent-GUI TFT-LCD module during the 20th Embedded Systems Expo (ESEC Spring) at the Tokyo Big Sight exhibition complex from May 10 to 12.
1) Camera image processing for rich graphical design
- Sesamicro,R , Mitsubishi’s proprietary compact, high-speed intellectual property (IP) core for GUI, enables quick camera-image processing, such as rotation, mirror images, and cropping to various shapes
- Rich graphics can be realized by rotating camera images and combining them with other graphics
2) GUI image-switching function reduces need for GUI-design development resources
- GUI are easily interchangeable for different languages, day/night use, etc., by changing all widget (buttons, slide bars and other GUI components) image files
- Integration of conventional screen configurations helps lowers cost and time of GUI design
3) Drastically reduced user’s system development costs
- One-stop solution (graphics board, touch panel and LCD module) is combined with Mitsubishi’s proprietary tool for GUI design, Intelligent GUI Designer
- Simplified GUI configuration process can significantly lower software-development costs by up to 50% (according to an actual comparison made by Mitsubishi Electric)