eJarn
Username/ID
Plear enter userid
Password      *Forgot Password?
Please enter password
2.4.2 United Kindom
2016/11/23
The UK economy is less export-driven than many other countries and this will give it more resistance to the impact of Brexit, the United Kingdom’s exit from the EU. Construction output is expected to grow, particularly in the new office buildings sector as well as for refurbishment projects, London being one of the principal centers of activity. The commercial sector remains the key application in the United Kingdom for air conditioning both for central chiller-based plant and VRF.
 
There was a fall in chiller sales in 2015, mainly due to the decline in office building construction. Scroll and screw machines dominate in the small/medium capacity ranges. The Turbocor centrifugal chiller continues to be favored for its unique operating features ? only its relatively high price is holding back a more rapid expansion. In the current year (2016) the total chiller market fell to around US$ 134 million or around 3,000 units. Three UK manufacturers (Weatherite, Airedale, and Star Refrigeration) ac-count for about 20% of the market with the remaining 80% coming from imports from Italy, France, Japan, and the United States. Daikin is the leader across all size ranges, followed by Airedale, Climaveneta, Carrier, and Trane.
To view the complete content, please log in.
Username/ID
Plear enter userid
Password      *Forgot Password?
Plear enter password