eJarn
Username/ID
Plear enter userid
Password      *Forgot Password?
Please enter password
Sierra Leone News: SL Brewery unveil CO2 and Cooling Plants
26 June 2014 As Breweries worldwide are experiencing increasing energy cost associated with production, Sierra Leone Brewery Limited yesterday unveiled a CO2 and a Cooling Plant that will address such problems at the Company’s headquarters. According to the Managing Director of Sierra Leone Brew.../images/up/News/20146291949062988.jpg
African technicians express intention to move to European-style refrigeration certification
23 June 2014 Workshop in Rwanda demonstrates both competence of expert technicians and their desire to move to a more structured competence system, in light of moves away from HCFCs and towards lower-GWP refrigerants Refrigeration groups in a number of African countries have signalled their inte...
UNEP Meets with African Nations RAC Business Owners to Talk HCFC's
Jun 16, 2014 RWANDA: Businesses and refrigeration and air-conditioning experts from 28 African countries are meeting in Kigali, Rwanda until Friday to discuss adopting alternative hydrocarbon refrigerants and how to safely handle and service equipment that uses them. UNEP representatives have aske.../images/up/News/201461818324784282.jpg
Regulations ban non-critical production of ozone-depleting substances
09 May 2014 Regulations for phasing-out and managing ozone-depleting substances published yesterday (Notice 351 of Government Gazette 37621) prohibit - with immediate effect - the production, import, export, use and marketing of specific ozone-depleting substances, as well as equipment or products c...
Chigo VRF in Africa
Chigo boasts strong presence in commercial air conditioners with product portfolio covering light commercial air conditioners, VRFs, and water chillers. In recent years, Chigo has achieved remarkable success in China market, while aggressively exploring overseas market. Its newly developed CMV-X VRF.../images/up/News/2014621642527993.jpg
Sharp Marks Achievements in Egyptian HVAC Market
Egypt-based El-Araby Group and Japan-based Sharp signed an agreement on technical and technological collaboration in 2002, signaling a landmark agreement in the HVAC industry in the Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. Based on this agreement, El- Araby’s factories in Quesna started .../images/up/News/2014621631985051.jpg
1.11.4 South Africa
According to the United Nations, GDP per capita in South Africa may catch up to China in 2017. The South African natural resources industry has been a driver of economic development and higher levels of personal consumption. With explosive growth in South Africa’s middle class, the local air conditi...
1.11.3 Algeria
While political uncertainty remains, increased consumer purchasing power and heat waves sparked explosive growth in Algeria’s air conditioner market in 2013. The market size is estimated at about 797,000 units in 2013. Ductless split air conditioners account for 80% of the market, while window units...
1.11.2 Nigeria
The Nigerian air conditioner market size is estimated at more than 428,000 units in 2013, a 16% decrease from the previous year mainly because of the politic unrest. Ductless split air conditioners account for 84% of the market and window types comprise the remaining 16%. With a 6.3% GDP growth a.../images/up/News/20146210131790182.jpg
1.11.1 Egypt
In 2013, political instability in Egypt severely impacted production and sales of air conditioners. Egyptian air conditioner demand came to nearly 430,000 units in 2013, down 32% from the previous year. However, Egypt had a population of over 90 million in 2013, and people between the ages of 15 and.../images/up/News/2014621051457276.jpg